Virtual Roofing Estimates in Huntington Station
Quality Roof Replacements & Repairs from Licensed & Insured Contractors
At Smart Choice Contracting, the health and safety of our customers and employees is extremely important. In the wake of COVID-19, we are pleased to offer virtual roofing estimates in Huntington Station. Through this streamlined no-contact process, you’ll be able to get the same professional experience an in-home and in-person estimate would provide. When it comes to your roof, any repairs or installations are major investments, and it’s important that you hire contractors who understand the entire roofing system. At Smart Choice Contracting, our contractors are highly trained and we’re Owens Corning Preferred Contractors. We will ensure the services are done right so your roof will last for many years to come. Our team is backed by over 20 years of experience and we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
The Importance of Trust
Embarking on a roof replacement can be one of the most important remodeling investments you make. This is because your roof should be able to do three things: seal, defend, and breathe. Therefore, it’s important to hire roofing contractors you trust.
When you choose Smart Choice Contracting, you can rest assured that:
- We use trusted, top-quality products such as Duration® with SureNail® Technology
- We are licensed and insured for roofing (workers compensation and liability)
- We are a BBB accredited business
- We are a member of the NRCA (National Roofing Contractors Association)
Owens Corning Duration® Shingles with SureNail® Technology
In addition to coming out with multiple colors to match any desired aesthetic, Owens Corning is always innovating ways to make their roofing materials more durable. An example of this is their Duration® line of shingles complete with SureNail® Technology.
The features of these shingles include:
- Top-quality adhesive strength: This helps keep the lamination on the shingle layers
- An exceptional wind resistance warranty: These shingles come with a 130-MPH wind warranty that is achieved by combining the SureNail® strip with the proprietary Tru-Bond® sealant
- Innovative design: A patented engineered fabric is embedded into the nailing strip to help resist nail blow through and TruBond™ sealant is placed on the underside to help shingles bond together
- A wider nailing zone: The nailing zone is 200% wider than in standard shingles which creates a stronger and more durable fastener zone
- Three layers of protection: These shingles have specially engineered fabric plus two additional shingle layers to help provide extra protection against nail pull from the wind
The Benefits of Roof Replacement
While you might be replacing your roof out of necessity, such as extreme damage from a recent storm, you will be pleased to find that there are many other benefits that come with it.
These benefits include:
- Improved curb appeal
- Higher resale value (averaging $14,446 more) because potential buyers will believe the roof is worry-free
- Improved energy due to better sealing
The Roof Replacement Process
At Smart Choice Contracting, we have a streamlined process to ensure that the job gets done correctly and efficiently. The day before the scheduled job, we will ensure that a dumpster all materials are delivered to your property. This helps us ensure that you’re never waiting around for a late delivery.
To protect your home and shrubbery, we will install tarps at the gutter lines.
On the day of the scheduled job, we will begin by removing your old roof. At this time, we will inspect the wood sheathing and, if needed, we will replace up to three sheets of plywood at no additional charge. Depending on your trim color, we will install white or brown aluminum dripedge as flashing at all of your gutter lines. Next, we install Owens Corning Rhino Ice and Water Barrier on all leak vulnerable areas of your home. This includes two courses (about 5 ½ feet) at all gutter lines, in valleys, under all flashing details, and around all skylights. Owens Corning ProArmor synthetic underlayment is installed over the remaining areas of your roof. We use ProArmor because it is stronger than organic felts, which means it won’t rip and tear as easily and will provide better protection from the elements.
We will install Owens Corning Starter Strip Plus pre-cut shingles on each perimeter edge to prevent wind uplift. Next, we install the Owens Corning Duration® shingles using 6 inch-and-a-half roofing nails. This is two more than most roofers use and a quarter of an inch longer.
To allow for proper heating, we will install Owens Corning Ventsure ridge vents on all heated areas. We cut a one inch slit into the sheathing on each side of the ridge. We then install venting material over the cut and cover it with a ridge cap shingle. This enables the soffit to pull in air and hot air and moisture to be released through the ridge.
The last component of the Owens Corning Total Protection Roof System is the Proedge. We install this color coordinated hip and ridge cap shingle to add a beautiful finish to your roof.
When we’ve completed the roof replacement, all debris will be cleaned up and carted away to leave your home as clean and neat as we found it.
Our Work Is Backed by Warranty
While many roofers back their work by warranties that range anywhere from two to ten years, you can rest easy knowing that at Smart Choice Contracting, we back our work with a 10-year warranty. Additionally, all Owens Corning Total Protection Roofing Systems come with a limited lifetime material warranty. Because we’re a Certified Owens Corning Contractor, we’re able to offer our customers a Preferred Protection Warranty that includes full coverage on materials for 50 years.
Additional Services & Upgrades We Can Assist With
Not all homes are the same, which means that some require additional or different services in order to ensure that the roof will adequately protect homeowners and occupants.
We currently offer the following additional services and upgrades:
- Skylight replacement: If your skylights are around 15 years old or older, it’s a good idea to consider replacing them at the same time as your roof. This will help you save money because it can be done in one trip. It will also protect your roof because there won’t be additional work on it at a separate time.
- Step flashing: If you’re having leak issues where your roof meets a wall, it’s most likely due to a flashing problem. If we find this to be the case, we can remove the vinyl siding and replace it with an Ice and Water Shield six inches up the wall as well as aluminum step flashing prior to putting the siding back on.
- Copper chimney flashing: Has your existing chimney flashing been tarred over? Is your chimney made from aluminum or copper but all cracked due to multiple nails through it? We highly recommend replacing it with new copper step and counter flashing. This will make it sturdier.
- Intake ventilation: If your home doesn’t have vented overhangs that allow air to be pulled in and hot air and moisture to be pushed out through a ridge vent, we can install Owens Corning Ventsure intake vents.
We Offer Financing!
At Smart Choice Contracting, we understand that a new roof is quite a big investment. To help offset any financial burdens, we’re happy to have multiple financing options with approved credit.
These options include:
- 0% for five years (60 equal monthly payments)
- 18 months same as cash (no interest and no payments)
- 4.99% for 12 years
Make the smart choice and trust us to handle your roof replacement. Call us at (631) 239-7710 to set up a virtual estimate in Huntington Station.
“Wish I had found SmartChoice sooner.”- Joe P.
“no quote”- Marilyn G
“It was excellent they are on time, quick k also the cleaned up well also they give a great price.”- Joe M.
Solar Energy Savings
Unbeatable Financing Options
Backed by 20 Years of Experience
We Only Use Premium Materials
Licensed & Insured Company
100% Satisfaction Guarantee